I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Sickweather. I received a promotional item to thank me for my participation
Being a mother, I know it’s no fun when my littles get sick. Every year around the change of the season we go from fever free to stock piling tissues, cold medicine, sanitizer and vapor rub like a plague was on the rise! I wish I could figure out where we tend to catch whatever gives us the sniffles and knew to steer clear of that area. Thankfully a few other people had the same idea and the Sickweather App was born!
Sickweather is a new app available on IOS and Google Play that works through social media to alert you of local illnesses and where they are in regards to your location. Now you have the ability to be alerted when someone reports a case of the common cold, chicken pox, or even the flu! Sickweather is completely customizable, allowing you to choose the illness alerts you want to get as well as giving you a weekly or daily forecast in your area.
Getting ready to travel? Sickweather can help you plan for every trip by searching the area you plan to visit and seeing what happens to be going around while you plan to stay there. Now you can vacation prepared for everything and not have to worry about the surprise cough you ended up with while away from home.
I’ve been using the Sickweather app for about a month or so now and have totally fallen in love with it! The app offers some great features that allow me to stay up to date on the latest illnesses going around and take action to keep my family healthy. A few of my favorite features are:
- “Sick Zone” alerts let me know when I’ve entered into or am already in an area that has a reported illness
- The ability to map specific illnesses by category such as “childhood” “environmental” or “gastrointestinal” and see what’s near me
- See how a sickness is moving through out the nation by viewing the last 5 days animation available
- Being alerted of my forecast which shows the top trending illnesses in my are
- “Sick Cloud” icons on the local maps will let me know which symptom have been reported, how long ago the report was logged, and if you click on the “i” on the right side, it gives a definition of the symptom
- The ability to anonymously report my own sicknesses and symptoms
- Being able to share my local forecast with my friends through social media
Take a look at your local Sickweather forecast!
The Sickweather app has helped us avoid illnesses such as the common cold, cough, stomach viruses and other icky things I’d rather not invite into our home. Although we have had our bout with runny noses and allergies, I love that I’m able to warn others in my area of what to possibly expect. Plus, I love being able to look ahead for when we travel and pack accordingly JUST in case we catch any unwanted bugs along the way.
How do you keep your family illness free during the cold weather months?
Xander Maltman says
This app sounds amazing! I am gonna get it right now!
Kaye Newman says
What a great idea. I wish this app would have been around a couple of years ago when for fourteen year old was little.
Ashley F says
This is really interesting, I wish more people would stay home when they are sick, though!
crystal w. says
I like the sound of this app, could use it maybe have to check it out. I hate being sick.