This is a sponsored post through the Florida Prepaid College Board. All opinions are 100% my own.
Preparing financially for your children to attend college isn’t always an easy task. Florida Prepaid College Board knows this, which is why they’ve created some great plans to help make college more affordable for families. Having been a beneficiary of a Florida Prepaid College Plan, I know how wonderful it is to feel unburdened by many of the financial insecurities that come with being a college student. What makes them even better, is that every Florida Prepaid College Plan is guaranteed by the state of Florida!
Top 5 facts about Florida Prepaid College Plans
- Florida Prepaid College Plans allow you to prepay the future cost of college. When your child is ready for college, the plan pays the tuition, tuition differential fee and other specified fees covered under the plan.
- Guaranteed – Every Prepaid Plan is guaranteed by the State of Florida, so you will never lose your investment.
- Nationwide – Even if your child attends an out-of-state or private college, the plan will pay the same amount as it would pay at a public college or university in Florida.
- Scholarships – If your child receives a scholarship, you can get a refund for the same amount as the plan would pay a public college or university in Florida.
- 10 Years – Your child has up to 10 years after his or her year of projected enrollment to use the plan.
Don’t worry about moving
Now, I know one of the worries I’ve heard from parents regarding the program is whether or not the plan they purchase will stay valid if they move out of Florida. The answer to this is YES! Any purchased Florida Prepaid College Plan (purchased before leaving the state) will stay valid even if you move out of Florida. So when your child decides to use their plan, they will still be billed at in-state tuition rates at a Florida college or state university.
Start your application now
Interested in a Florida Prepaid College Plan? Hurry over to get your enrollment application in before this year’s deadline of Feb 28th! Use the promo code BLOG1617 to save 50% off the enrollment fee. You can also find a lot of great info on Florida Prepaid College Plans and their benefits here.