Our daughter will soon be 4 this year and a few weeks ago, we noticed that she seemed to be growing out of her convertible car seat. She’s always been tall for her age and has quickly grown out of everything from clothing to shoes; so it’s no surprise to us that she’s in need of a new car seat. Luckily we found the Cruiserfix Pro by Kiddy!
I love that the first thing you see when you head to Kiddy USA’s website, is a short but heartfelt mission statement from the company-
“Kiddy is a family-owned and managed company for over 40 years, located in Bavaria, Germany. With our experience in successfully working with the automotive industry and specializing in the “mobility of children”, our products are providing our customer with quality German engineering and design. As parents themselves, children’s safety has always been a priority to the owners of Kiddy.”
It’s really nice as a mom to have a company state their founding morals right on the front of their site. To me, that shows how confidant they really are in their products and their mission to protect children around the world. Kiddy creates strollers, car seats and accessories for kids ages 0- 12 years old.
The Cruiserfix Pro offers some of the best safety features out there –
1. The Cruiserfix Pro comes equipped to latch into any car, using either a seat-belt or K-fix latching system to secure the seat. Kiddy has taken specific care to make sure the head and shoulder areas are extremely padded with a high-performance material to add extra protection for little ones.
2. My favorite feature is that the Cruiserfix Pro is the ONLY car seat on the market that uses “crumple zone” technology to keep kids safe, which is the same technology used in cars themselves when impacted. This crumple zone technology, patented by Kiddy, has been dubbed the Kiddy Shock Absorber. When the child is situated in the seat itself, the seat-belt goes across the Kiddy Shock Absorber, which, when impacted, transfers the force of the impact to that specific area, deforming the crumple materials and keeping the child safe.
Not only is the Cruiserfix Pro full of safety features, it also comes with a ton of comfort features –
1. Arm rests, allowing for a nice ride for a child of any age.
2. K-Fix connectors ( these latch onto onto metal hooks located between the seat cushion and seat back), for easy installation. A handy retraction mechanism, allowing you to retract the K-Fix connectors when not being used.
3. A new integrated diagonal belt guide gives you a constant guide to making sure the seat-belt is always properly placed across your child’s collarbone and chest.
4. An easy adjust system that allows you to adjust the height of the seat to fit your child at just the squeeze of a lever.
5. The Cruiserfix Pro is made from breathable thermotex fabric that allows for air circulation in critical spots which is really nice since it keeps your child from sitting in a sweaty car seat.
6. The cover of the Cruiserfix Pro can be removed easily and washed in any washing machine at 30C on delicate.
7. The Cruiserfix Pro comes in 6 different color combos.
The Cruiserfix Pro retails for $229 and is built for kids ages 4-12 (33-100 lbs) so I don’t need to worry about my daughter growing out of it anytime soon. When unpacking the seat, we found it all came in one piece and included 2 funnels to help guide the K-Fix connectors into the back of the seat . I have to say, it was really nice not to have a belt system I had to thread through teeny tiny holes in the seat. The seat was very light, which again, was a nice surprise. We walked out to the car and literally within 2 minutes, the seat was installed and ready to go!
We have a latch system in our van (Chrysler Town & Country) so all we needed to do was push the button on the bottom of the seat to pop out the connectors, place the funnels in the back of the seat and push. VIOLA! We checked to make sure the green indicator on the sides of the connectors were showing (this lets you know it’s installed properly) and we were ready to go! The seat belt fit easily through the belt guides and I really like that it keeps the belt in place even when the child isn’t in the seat. I have to admit, the first time I put my daughter in the Cruiserfix Pro I was a bit apprehensive not having her in a regular latch type seat, but I was soon settled once I tugged harshly on the belt and saw it catch.
We’ve been using the Cruiserfix Pro for a week now and I LOVE it! It’s very soft, the seat belt guides keep the belt in the right position at all times and the arm rests give my daughter extra support. I also like that it gives me the added comfort of knowing that the Kiddy Shock Absorbers are protecting my child. If you are in the market for a new car seat, one that will not only grow with your child but give them added protection that NO other car seat can, the Kiddy Cruiserfix Pro is certainly my recommendation! A BIG Fairy A ++!!
As always, these opinions are completely my own. I received a product for review, but in no way was compensated for my opinions.
Test out the Kiddy Cruiserfix Pro for yourself!
Enter to WIN your very own Kiddy Cruiserfix Pro!
Enter through the widget below. Giveaway ends on 3/12
Open to US residents 18 & older.