This post contains sponsored content. All opinions are my own.
Autumn is my favorite time of the year! The site of changing leaves, the smell of all things pumpkin and the thought of family gatherings always get me excited for the season. Along with falling leaves, Autumn brings with it some of my favorite recipes to create during the year! One of those recipes is my Falling for Pumpkin Crunch Bark.
This sweet concoction combines Bahlsen Leibniz Milk Chocolate Cookies, pumpkin flavored chocolate and your favorite fall toppings to create an easy Autumn treat that’s perfect for gifting.
Tools you will need:
- 2 large microwave safe bowls
- measuring spoons
- 2 spatulas
- 1 large baking pan
- wax or parchment paper
- Pumpkin Candy Oil
Making my Falling for Pumpkin Crunch Bark requires a few things that most bakers have on hand. The one odd ball item that may require a bit of searching for is the pumpkin candy oil needed to flavor the orange candy melts. I HIGHLY suggest using flavoring oil to flavor your chocolate candy melts.
Flavoring oils are (normally) colorless, mix well when candy making and are about 10x more potent than emulsions or extracts. Alchohol or water based flavorings will change the composition of the chocolate and the flavor won’t be as strong nor will the chocolate keep the right creaminess.
Falling For Pumpkin Crunch Bark Recipe
- 4 boxes of Bahlsen Leibniz Milk Chocolate Cookies
- 2-3 bags of Orange Candy Melts
- 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Oil
- Candy Corn
- Pumpkin Pie Almonds
- Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips
- Pumpkin Crunch Popcorn
- In a microwave safe bowl, place your orange candy melts and microwave for 15-second intervals on half power until melted. Stir the candy melts everytime you reset the microwave. Once they are melted, stir them until all the chocolate melts. Add in your 1/2 teaspoon of Pumpkin Oil and slowly stir to combine. Taste your pumpkin flavored chocolate and add more oil if need be.
- Place all 4 boxes of the Bahlsen Leibniz Milk Chocolate Cookies into a microwave safe bowl. Using the back of a soup spoon, crush the cookies up to your liking, I suggest bite size pieces. Microwave for 20-second intervals on half power, stirring after every time until the milk chocolate on the cookies is melted.
- Spoon the melted Bahlsen Leibniz Milk Chocolate Cookies onto your wax papered cookie sheet, spreading to cover the bottom of the pan but don’t spread too thin. Cool for 8 minutes on a table.
- Using your spatula, spoon out blobs of pumpkin chocolate on top of the cookies and spread around, slowly covering the first cookie layer.
- Top your soon-to-be bark with your favorite fall toppings. I used candy corn, pumpkin crunch popcorn, and pumpkin pie almonds, but you can use any toppings you wish or leave it plain.
- Let cool on the counter for 1 hour. Cut your bark into pieces and serve!
Your Falling for Pumpkin Crunch Bark can be stored in an airtight container on the counter for about a week, in the fridge for 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
DIY mason jar gift idea
Easily create a farmhouse style rustic gift to show off your Falling for Pumpkin Crunch Bark using the following items:
- Wide Mouth Ball Mason Jars
- Chalk Gift Tags
- Orange and Grey Paper Raffia
Fill your mason jars with your bark. Tie the tags and raffia around the top of the lid and voila! One beautiful and sweet gift perfect for teachers, party hosts, family, and friends.
Have you made my Falling for Pumpkin Crunch Bark? Let me know how it turned out!
Win a trip to Germany
Enter for a chance to win a trip for 2 to the famed Christmas Market Festival in Germany in Cost Plus World Market’s Holiday Getaway Sweepstakes!
One Grand Prize winner will receive airfare for two (2), hotel, city excursions, dining and more. Plus, a $1,000 World Market gift card is also included. Three first prize winners will receive $500 World Market gift cards. Enter online at www.worldmarketsweepstakes.com . Sweepstakes ends 9/29/17.
Shop this post
I loved being able to find all the pumpkin food and baking products I needed to create this recipe at my local Cost Plus World Market in the Belagte Shopping Center in Charlotte, NC. Find your favorite featured items easily below at your local store or online!
Gold Luxe Textured Nonstick Baking Sheet | Copper 6 Quart Nonslip Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl | Copper Measuring Spoons | Ball Quart Mason Wide Mouthed Jars | Natural Fiber Fox With Scarf | Brach’s Candy Corn | Sconza Pumpkin Pie Almonds | Bahlsen Leibniz Milk Chocolate Cookies | Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips | Mini Felted Wool Pumpkins | Orange Paper Raffia | Chalk Gift Tags | Pumpkin Crunch Popcorn Bag | Fall Scatter Leaves |