It’s Thanksgiving season and there’s nothing like looking forward to sharing an amazing meal with friends and family while celebrating togetherness. Being a mom I always like to find fun and unique ways to share the holidays with my kids and what better way than through something we can create and eat!
I had a few extra sweet treats laying around the house so I gathered them up and thought about what my kids could make them that could pertain to Thanksgiving. Thus our Thanksgiving Oreo Turkey Cookies were born!
We took some double-stuffed Oreo cookies, chocolate frosting, Autumn mix candy corn, mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and some edible eyes I had and used them to create fun, edible Turkeys that everyone loved!
My favorite part about these Turkeys is that they are simple, fun and kids of all ages can create them with little to no help.
Thanksgiving Oreo Turkey Cookies
What you need:
- Double Stuffed or Mega Stuffed Oreo Cookies
- Autumn Mix Candy Corn Blend
- Chocolate Frosting
- Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (regular small ones will work as well)
- Edible Eyes (or something to use as eyes)
- Lay out 5 candy corn pieces of your desired colors, 1 mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, 2 edible eyes and an Oreo.
- Spoon some of the chocolate frosting into a small dish or onto a plate
- Take your Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup and spread cover the smaller part of it with enough chocolate frosting to make it stick to your Oreo. Place it on the bottom middle portion of your Oreo cookie.
- Take 1 piece of your candy corn and cut off the white tip. Spread a small amount of frosting onto the cut portion and place onto your Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup where you would like the Turkey’s beak to be.
- Spread frosting onto the back of the 2 edible eyes and place them above the beak portion on the peanut butter cup.
- Take the remaining 4 candy corn pieces, dunk them tip first into the frosting and then gently push them into the white frosting between the two parts of Oreo cookie. *Be careful not to push too deep or the cookie will start to separate or crack.
- Freeze or leave out for a few hours so the frosting hardens a bit. VIOLA! Your Thanksgiving Turkey Oreo Cookies are ready for displaying! *For displaying, we leaned our turkeys up against the candy corn pumpkins that came in the Autumn Mix
The best part about these adorable, edible turkeys is that they look cute AND taste great. So, when you’re done displaying them around the table for Thanksgiving the kiddos can enjoy them as a fun dessert!