What is Healthing? Check out the video below!
Join the Healthing Initiative!
Having kids, it seems there is constantly some kind of mess around our house. It’s a challenge year round keeping my family clean, healthy and mess free. Thankfully LYSOL has started the Healthing Initiative, ” a new idea centered on keeping families as healthy as possible, by looking beyond just cleaning and ensuring that the proper steps are taken to stay well. For LYSOL, Healthing goes beyond its products to provide the education and motivation to keep a healthy home and family.” This includes:
- Connecting with 65,000 schools to promote healthy habits and good hygiene.
- Providing educational programs that reach 50 percent of new moms with health and wellness related to caring for their newborns.
- Working with trusted third-party organizations to promote the ideas that Healthing embodies, which include the National PTA, the Global Hygiene Council and the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, to name a few.
- Taking our shoes off once we step in the door. We have a designated spot for shoes and no longer let them track in outside nasties.
- Making sure we wash out hands for atleast 20 sec after eating, playing, being outside or other activities. I try to make it fun by singing a song or counting down the seconds with the kiddos.
- Making sure we are cleaning AND disinfecting. Cleaning up is great for staying organized, but it doesn’t make sure things are truly CLEAN. Using LYSOL Disinfecting Wipes and Spray when we clean up, helps to make sure everything is truly clean and germ free.
- We have created two designated cleaning days, Wednesday’s and Saturdays. These are the days we go through and make sure we clean, dust and tidy up our whole house. I’ve designated certain jobs for our 3 and 2 year old that are easy for them to complete and that they’ll feel good about doing. For instance, my 3 year old is in charge of dusting and helping us clean the windows, while my 2 year old is in charge of picking up the toys.
- We make sure to wipe down all door knobs, cabinet handles, and other small areas that we touch every day with LYSOL Disinfecting Wipes.
Getting your family into the Healthing Initiative mode is easy and will ensure that your whole household stays healthy and germ free!
“I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for LYSOL®. I received a promotional item to thank me for participating.”