This post was sponsored by Amazon as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central.
Being a busy military family we are constantly on the move. Traveling as a family of 5 with 3 littles isn’t always sunshine and rainbows. Keeping the kids entertained while we are on the move is a constant battle, one which we don’t always win. The decision of just letting them watch movies, color, do something that’s educational or play a game seems like a never-ending conundrum since they are constantly changing their minds. Thankfully, the Fire Tablet from Amazon gives me the ability to let my kids do all the things they love while still keeping control of what they see and do.
The Amazon Fire Tablet has awesome travel-bility. It’s compact size lets it fit in my purse, carry on or even a back pocket, allowing me or my kids to easily access it. Amazon also provides covers for the Fire Tablet (we have the magenta one) that not only protects your tablet, but doubles as a stand making it easier to work, read or watch a movie or TV show. The Amazon Fire Tablet gives users up to 7 hours of battery life not to mention the ability to download content to your internal storage via a microSD card giving the tablet up to 128 GB of additional storage space. Downloading content is great preparation for when you may be without the internet when traveling and saves you the hassle of having angry kids who can’t watch a movie.
Entertainment at our fingertips
The Amazon Fire Tablet offers access to millions of games, books, music, movies and TV shows. With such a massive offering of entertainment options, it’s easy for everyone in my family to find what they love and access it. Apps on the Amazon Fire Tablet include free and paid options which I can easily password protect so my kids don’t go app purchase crazy. The Fire Tablet also offers the same social and email apps you can find on smartphones which is great for me since as a blogger I’m always posting something somewhere online. My top 5 Amazon Fire Tablet apps for traveling are:
- On Deck – If you’re an Amazon Prime member, On Deck will automatically download Prime Video and the first episodes of Amazon Original Series while your device isn’t in use. If you aren’t a Prime member, On Deck automatically downloads the first episode of Amazon Original Series.
- Blue Shade – If you enjoy reading on your Fire Tablet, Blue Shade will automatically adjust the backlight of your device screen to remove blue light for a more comfortable low-light reading experience. Just tap Blue Shade on the quick actions menu to turn on this feature and enjoy reading without straining your eyes.
- Pandora – Pandora is free to download and lets you create stations and listen to your favorite music genre, style and artists.
- TripIt – TripIt is a great app for staying organized while traveling. TripIt keeps track of your full itinerary including flight information, rental car and hotel bookings and frequent flyer points.
- TravelMoney – TravelMoney is an easy to use Currency Converter which allows you to make sure you’re getting the right exchange rate no matter where you are
By far my favorite feature of the Fire Tablet is the FreeTime app. The Amazon FreeTime app gives parents the ability to manage how their kids use their Amazon tablets. Parents can hand-select the content they want their kids to have access to, set educational goals such as 10 minutes of reading before they can access videos and even set screen time limits. The Amazon FreeTime app is free and available exclusively for Amazon devices.
Are you a big traveling family? How do you feel the Amazon Fire Tablet would do with your travels? Let me know!